Bella for Dior beauty + self-esteem talk

My gif (Video source: Dior's yt channel)

Hello 2017! Time for resolutions.
I'm my opinion, the first one on our lists should be loving the way we are a bit more. By being involved in the fashion world, I get to see how the most gorgeous girls have days when they don't feel pretty. We all have those days, and there's nothing wrong with it. I mean, we also have days when we look at the mirror and really like what we see.
My point is that, in general, I get to see that most women are quite insecure. Even the prettiest ones. It took me years to accept the way I look and it may take you even longer, but please, get to that point. I'm so much happier now that I accept my looks, flaws included. 
Our priority should be being confident enough to leave the house with our head held high, which automatically makes people respect you. I've noticed the difference myself. 

And you may think it's funny that I say this while showing you a video advertising make-up. But I've done it for a reason.
As I said, some days we feel so gorgeous that we leave the house feeling like we're supermodels. And somedays we don't feel that pretty and need some help. I'm tired of people (mainly men) saying that women use make-up to hide who they are. No, we don't...or we shouldn't. We can use it to make us feel even better, to play with a new look because we can, to cover a little spot that's annoying us slightly, ...

Whether I want to put no make-up on or create the look Bella has on the video (I ADORE it, that's why I'm sharing it too), we should feel free to do as we please. And again, chin up! And let's not put so much pressure on us, because there are tons of people out there who will do just that.
Glow like Bella does on the video, without using any highlighter ;)


¡Hola 2017! Hora de hacer una lista con los propósitos del año.
En mi opinión, el primero de la lista debería ser aceptarnos a nosotras mismas tal y como somos. Al estar metida en el mundo de la moda he podido comprobar que las chicas más preciosa del mundo tienen días en que se sienten feas. Todos tenemos esos días, y no pasa nada por eso. Porque también tenemos días en que nos miramos al espejo y nos encanta lo que vemos reflejado.
Lo que quiero decir es que, en general, las mujeres somos muy inseguras. Incluso las más guapas. A mi me costó muchos años el llegar a aceptar mi aspecto, y puede que a vosotros os cueste aún más. Pero tardéis lo que tardéis, os pido por favor que lleguéis a ese punto. Yo ahora soy mucho más feliz porque acepto como soy, incluyendo mis defectos.
Nuestra prioridad debería ser tener al confianza suficiente como para salir a la calle con la cabeza bien alta, lo cual hará que la gente os respete más. Yo he notado la diferencia.

Y podéis pensar que es gracioso que hable de esto mientras os enseño un vídeo de maquillaje. Pero todo tiene su porque.
Como ya he dicho, hay días en que salimos de casa tan contentas con nuestro aspecto que nos creemos supermodelos. Y otros en que no nos sentimos así y necesitamos ayuda. Estoy harta de oír a gente (sobre todo hombres) diciendo que las mujeres usamos el maquillaje para esconder como somos en realidad. No, no lo hacemos...o no deberíamos. Podemos usarlo para que nos haga sentir mejor, para jugar con un look nuevo porque podemos, para tapar un granito que nos molesta, ...

Salgamos a la calle con la cara lavada o recreando el look de Bella en el vídeo (que me ENCANTA, y ese es otro motivo para compartirlo), tenemos que sentir que somos libres de hacer tanto lo uno como lo otro. Y de nuevo, ¡cabeza bien alta! No nos pongamos más presión de la que la sociedad nos va a poner ya ;)
Brillad como Bella en el vídeo, pero sin necesidad de usar un iluminador ;)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed